The next reading group is going to take place on Tuesday, August 18th at 3PM, in the meeting room of the department of foreign language education, 3rd floor.
We’re going to read a chapter by Simona Pekarek Doehler and Virginie Fasel Lauzon, from the very recent Handbook of Classroom Discourse and Interaction, edited by Numa Markee.
Doehler, S. P. and Lauzon, V. F. (2015) Documenting Change Across Time: Longitudinal and Cross‐sectional CA Studies of Classroom Interaction, in The Handbook of Classroom Discourse and Interaction (ed N. Markee), John Wiley & Sons, Inc, Hoboken, NJ.
Structure of the reading group:
We will start the reading group by summarizing the chapter, followed by an in-depth discussion. To prepare for the reading group, please read the chapter.
Additionally, you may want to do some of the following in order to prepare for the discussion:
- Write down any questions you may have about the chapter
- Find one or more passages that you find interesting
- Think about how the points presented in the chapter relate to other theories or to your own research
- Pretend to be the devil’s advocate and criticize the authors’ viewpoints
In the future reading groups, we’re going to talk about:
- Experimental CA (Voutilainen et al 2015)
- Ethnography/Micro-analysis (Cekaite 2007)
- Knowledge displays (Koole 2010)
Hope to see you next week! 🙂
Maria Vanessa aus der Wieschen
PhD Fellow, Department of Design and Communication
University of Southern Denmark
Visiting Researcher , Hacettepe University